Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hello W0rld

Welcome to the Black Tie Security blog, a commentary and collection of Information Security related topics that I will be discussing for my Fall 2012 Emerging Issues in InfoSec course at Kennesaw State University. I am Austin Schoen, part time Quality Assurance intern for nCircle Network Security and senior undergraduate student. I do testing on Purecloud, a cloud based network vulnerability scanner. I also frequently work on web development projects and IT support for people in the metro Atlanta area.

Since I won't have a formal post for another few days I'll just go ahead and include some of my favorite sites on the web where I glean the latest security news.

My all time favorite is ArsTechnica. They have awesome in depth articles on everything IT, security included. Its usually the first site I hit when I sit down to read and check out what's going on.

http:///www.arstechnica.com

Some other good sites I visit frequently are:
http://www.reddit.com/r/netsec (user revers3TCP for fellow redditors!)
http://www.zdnet.com
http://www.anandtech.com
http://packetstormsecurity.org/

I also follow several great sources on Twitter for the latest security happenings. If you aren't a fan of Twitter, or have any desire to tweet, I would encourage everyone to at least create an account and find great sources to follow. Twitter is most valuable as a real time news feed, (not just a long list of when everyone stops by Starbucks). I will be sure to compile a list of my favorite people on Twitter to follow in a future post.

[ams]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment